22/01252/FUL - Conversion of existing bungalow (8 Blackwell Grove) and amalgamation of plots to create pool house and gymnasium for use by 7 Briar Close with the erection of a linked extension with pergola and patio area, replacement raised roof with 4 no. dormer windows, new pitched roof to garage and incorporating conversion of integral garage within main dwelling into habitable space. Erection of a single storey rear extension at No 7 Briar Close. Landscaping works including removing access from Briar Close with the repositioning of electronic access gates with stone piers (off Blackwell Grove) and infill gap to form brick boundary wall, hard standing, gazebo, 1.2m high fencing and associated landscaping works (amended plans and entrance gate details received 6 January 2023).
(In reaching its decision, the Committee took into consideration the Planning Officer’s report (previously circulated), the views of the Council’s Highways Engineer and Environmental Health Officer, seven letters of objection received, a further three letters of objection received following the submission of amended and additional plans, and the views of the Ward Councillor, whom the Committee heard).
RESOLVED – That Planning Permission be granted subject to the following conditions:
1. A3 – Implementation Limit (Three Years)
2. The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the approved plans and documents, as detailed below:
a) Drawing Number L022009 – 003A Proposed Floor Plans
b) Drawing Number L022009 – 004 A Proposed Elevations
c) Drawing Number L022009 – 006 Existing and Proposed Site Entrance
d) Drawing Number 5014/2 Rev B – Landscape Masterplan
e) Schedule of Items Shown on Landscape Masterplan
f) Timber Palisade Fencing and Gate
g) Wiveton Summerhouse
REASON – To ensure the development is carried out in accordance with the planning permission.
3. Prior to the commencement of the development, a site-specific Construction Management Plan shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The plan shall include the following, unless the Local Planning Authority dispenses with any requirement[s] specifically and in writing:
a. Dust Assessment Report which assesses the dust emission magnitude, the sensitivity of the area, risk of impacts and details of the dust control measures to be put in place during the construction phase of the development. The Dust Assessment Report shall take account of the guidance contained within the Institute of Air Quality Management “Guidance on the assessment of dust from demolition and construction” February 2014.
b. Methods for controlling noise and vibration during the demolition and construction phase and shall take account of the guidance contained within BS5228 “Code of Practice for noise and vibration control on construction and open sites”.
c. Construction Traffic Routes, including parking areas.
d. Details of Contractor Parking and Compound, if necessary.
e. Pedestrian Routes.
f. Details of wheel washing, if necessary.
g. Road Maintenance, if necessary.
h. Warning signage.
The development shall not be carried out otherwise in complete accordance with the approved Plan.
REASON - In the interests of highway safety and the amenity of the surrounding area.
4. Prior to the commencement of the development, precise details of the means of enclosure for the access on Briar Close shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The details shall include the design, height, position and materials of the enclosure and the development shall not be carried out otherwise than in complete accordance with the approved details
REASON - In the interests of the visual appearance of the development and street scene.
5. The submitted landscaping scheme shall be fully implemented concurrently with the carrying out of the development, or within such extended period which may be agreed in writing by, the Local Planning Authority and thereafter any trees or shrubs removed, dying, severely damaged or becoming seriously diseased shall be replaced, and the landscaping scheme maintained for a period of five years to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority.
REASON - In the interests of the visual amenities of the area.
6. The windows formed in the dormer extensions on the front and rear roof slope of the gym/swimming pool area hereby approved shall be obscure glazed and shall not be repaired or replaced other than with obscured glazing.
REASON - To prevent overlooking of the neighbouring dwellings.
7. The materials used in the external finishes to facilitate the conversion of the integral garage of No 7 Briar Close to a cinema room shall match those used on the existing building.
REASON - In the interests of maintaining the visual amenity of the development.
8. The swimming pool and gym hereby approved shall only be used for purposes incidental to the enjoyment of the occupants of the dwellinghouse and shall not be used for any commercial/business purposes or activities.
REASON - In the interests of highway safety and to safeguard the amenity of the local area.