The Terms of reference for the Tees Valley Joint Health Scrutiny Committee are :-
· To facilitate the exchange of information about planned health scrutiny work and to share information and outcomes from local health scrutiny reviews;
· To consider proposals for scrutiny of regional or specialist health services in order to ensure that the value of proposed health scrutiny exercises is not compromised by lack of input from appropriate sources and that the NHS is not over-burdened by similar reviews taking place in a short space of time.
The aims of the Joint Health Scrutiny are:-
· to improve the health of local people and to tackle health inequalities;
· ensuring that people’s views and wishes about health and health services are identified and integrated into plans and services that achieve local health improvements;
· scrutinising whether all parts of the community are able to access health services and whether the outcomes of health services are equally good for all sections of the community.
Support officer: Hannah Miller, Democratic Officer, Operations Group. email: [email protected] or telephone 01325 405801