The Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Meeting and Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012 requires local authorities operating executive arrangements to give 28 clear days notice of every key decision which is due to be taken.
In addition, the Regulations stipulate that 28 clear days notice should also be given for any decisions that are to be considered in private.
To comply with this requirement and facilitate access to information, the Council publishes a Forward Plan on the first Wednesday of each month.
The plan includes:
- a short description of the decision to be made;
- who will make it;
- when the decision will be taken;
- details of the planned consultation;
- if it is an open or closed (private) report (and if closed the reasons why it is to be heard in private); and
- contact details for further information (including reports and background papers).